Tuesday, June 29, 2010

conversation tips of the week

Conversation: In the Restaurant
case 1.
waitress: “Welcome to the Habourview restaurant do you have a reservation?”
Mr Jones: “Yes, my name is Jones.”
waitress: “Ah Mr William Jones, a table for two. This way please?”
“Here is the menu, would you like a drink first?”
Mr Jones: “ Yes, I'd like a glass of red wine.”
waitress: “Very good sir, and the lady?”
Mrs Jones: “Can I have a bottle of bubbly.”
waitress: “Yes you can, coming right up.”
“Are you ready to order?”
Mr Jones: “Yes, I'll have the marinated steak and she'll have the raw goat testicles.”
waitress: “What a wonderful choice, the testicles were just pulled off this morning.”
“would you like anything else? More drink perhaps?
Mrs Jones: “more champagne please and a small salad.”
waitress: “right away, please enjoy your meal.”
case 2.
waitress: “Hello Sir, do you have a reservation?”
Mr Fuji: “reservation? No, I try call but.”
waitress: “I,m terribly sorry but we are full tonight.”
Mr Fuji: “You full, I hungry! I want eat Sunfish!”
waitress: “Please be calm sir, I'll check for cancellations.”
“It's just your day, we have one cancellation, this way please.”
Mr Fuji: “Thank you very much. I want eat Sunfish.”
waitress: “I,m afraid to say that we are all out of sunfish.”


 Please comment on these questions

Questions for everyone:
What did Mr Jones order?_____________
What did Mrs Jones order?____________
Would you like to try her food?___________
What is Mr Fuji's problem?____________
Please correct his english

2 comments:

  1. ・He ordered a glass of red wine and the marinated steak.
    ・She ordered a bottle of bubbly and the raw goat testicles that were just pulled off this morning. I don't wanna eat such a gross thing.

    ・His problem is that the restaurant are all out of sunfish so he can't eat it. I think he can eat a goat testicle. :P

    I tried to call but the lines were busy.
    Are you full? I'm hungry!! I wanna eat sunfish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job! And yes I think Mr Fuji would enjoy the goat testicles.

    ReplyDelete