Thursday, June 24, 2010

making a reservation

This is two cases of someone making a reservation over the telephone.
Mr Fuji does a bad job. Please tell me his mistakes.


Conversation: Making a reservation:
case 1.
Receptionist: “Habourview restaurant how may I help you?”
Mr Jones: “I'd like to make a reservation please.”
Receptionist: “certainly sir, on what day?”
Mr Jones: “ Next Friday night around eight.”
Receptionist: “just a moment please sir.........Next Friday at 8pm is fine. May I have your name?”
Mr Jones: “Jones, William Jones.”
Receptionist: “And how many people will be dining?”
Mr Jones: “Just two.”
Receptionist: “Okay, that's a table for two, next Friday at 8pm for Mr William Jones, have a nice day.”
case 2.
Receptionist: “Hello may I help you?”
Mr Fuji: “Is this Sunfish Restaurant?”
Receptionist: “Yes that's right what can I do for you?”
Mr Fuji: “I want make reservation.”
Receptionist: “yes when?”
Mr Fuji: “Tomorrow 28 June”
Receptionist: “I,m afraid to say that we are fully booked tomorrow.”
Mr Fuji: “Book? No books. I want reservation for restaurant.”
Receptionist: “I'm very sorry sir but all tables are unavailable, 
         you really should make a reservation at least one week in advance.”
Mr Fuji: “I sorry I no understand, please again”
Receptionist: beeppppppppp..........
Mr Fuji: "Oh my god!"

No comments:

Post a Comment