Friday, May 28, 2010

conversation tips of the week

Conversation:
asking for help
Normal                                                                            common reply
Can you help me.                                                               sure
Could you help me.                                                             OK
Would you help me.                                                             No problem
Please help                                                                             alright
give me a hand                                                                   yeah/ yes of course
lend me a hand                                                                       for sure.
Polite                                                                                      anytime
if you don't mind could you help me …...                            no need to ask
if its OK with you can you.....                                       OK but I have only a minute
if you have the time can you help with the.....                         sure thing.
if its alright with you please help....                                        with pleasure
emergency
Help!
Help me!
Someone Help!
I need help now!
Asking for a favor                                                           common reply
can I ask you a favor?                                                  Sure (same as above)
Can you do me a favor?                                                 Yes, What is it?
I was wondering if you could do me a favor?                      It depends
I have a favor to ask.                                                             I'll try
I really need to ask a favor.                                               I don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment