Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Whats your hobby?

Conversation: What's your hobby?
Beginner level

what is your hobby?                                   My hobby is fishing.
What are your hobbies?                              My hobbies are reading and movies.
What do you like to do?                             I like baseball

middle level

what do you do in your free time?                       I like to listen to music.
What do you like doing for fun?                            I usually go to the beach.
What do you do for fun?                                       I play sports.
What are your pastimes?                                    I enjoy swimming and jogging.
What do you do in your spare time?                   Not much, just watch TV.
Do you have any hobbies?                              Not really, but I like to drink.

Native level

What do you get up to on the weekends?                      Just drink or take it easy.
How do you spend your free time / spare time?               I love the outdoors.
How do you kill the time?                                             By playing video games.
What do you do on your days off?                                  Recover from hangovers.
How do ya chill?                                                          Just hang out with my friends.
Do you play sports or something?                            Yeah! I play all sorts of sports
Whadda ya like doing?                                            Skateboarding.
Culture: Hobbies
For most westerns hobbies are very important. Unlike Japan and many Asian countries the weekend or your
holidays is not a time to relax. It is a time to have fun and enjoy your hobbies. Some people like to relax and do
nothing on their day off but most people would think this a waste of time. Get out of the house and enjoy! Often
friendships are formed by people who share the same hobby. Many relationships and marriages start by people who
met each other in the same hobby group. In Northern America people spend more money on hobbies and
entertainment more than anywhere else in the world. The top 50 hobbies in America can be seen in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment